OET Online Preparation: The OET preparation course is conducted online through face to face video chats with an experienced trainer. …
OET Online Preparation:
The OET preparation course is conducted online through face to face video chats with an experienced trainer. Through organized study plans and flexible working hours, each candidate is prepared for the OET test.
The advantage of an online class is that you can take the class from the comfort of your home at a time most suited to you.
You will get feedback on your performance and extra coaching for areas that you are weak in.(For example, if you writing skills are not good, we will give you extra coaching to make you write a good referral letter)
What is OET Test?
The OET (Occupational English Test) is an English proficiency test for all health care professionals who aim to migrate to Australia to work or study. Almost all health professionals from the areas of medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, physiotherapy, veterinary medicine, occupational therapy, dietetics can write the OET.
OET or Occupational English Test is a language test which measures communicative competence in the workplace and is composed of four separate sub-tests in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
OET Test – Duration and Score pattern
The OET is approximately a 3 hours long test.(Listening:50 mins.;Reading:60 mins.;Writing:45 mins.;Speaking:20mins.)
The Occupational English Test (OET) is a language test for overseas qualified health professionals. The Test assesses the English language proficiency as it is used in medical and health professions. The OET is administered by the OET Centre six times a year and in over 40 locations around the world. The OET is recognized by the Regulatory Authorities of 12 Australian health professions. The candidate who writes the OET Exam should obtain at least B for all four sub-tests to be eligible to work as a doctor or health professional in Australia.
For Health Care professionals,the OET is a better and easier test to take than the IELTS.
What are the Requirements for the OET ?
The OET is administered to health care professionals who wish to migrate to Australia to work or study.
The following professionals are qualified to take the test:
- Medical Practitioners (GPs and Specialists)
- Speech pathologists.
- Related medical professions.
As per the requirements of AMC (Australian Medical Council ), the test-taker has to pass in all the modules in one sitting.
What are the Course Modules for OET Test Preparation?
- Develops skills in: listening, speaking, reading, writing, grammar
- Provides practice in tasks typical of the Occupational English Test.
Why Avigna Learning Academy?
Avigna Learning Academy OET course will provide you with essential skills and test taking strategies required to successfully complete the Occupational English Test with best scores.
Speaking Strategies :
- Role-Plays depending on your profession (Dentist, Nurse, Doctor, Physiotherapist etc).
- To enhance overall communicative effectiveness.
- Intelligibility – including pronunciation, intonation, stress, rhythm and accent.
- Appropriateness – including the use of professional language, how to communicate with the patient etc.
- Grammar and expressions.
- Strategies of note-taking.
- Detailed analysis of the question types.
- Practice test with answer booklets and audio files.
Reading Strategies :
- General Preparation.
- Skimming the passage.
- Finding the central idea and summarizing.
- Tracking Information.
- Handling multiple choice questions.
- Some common questions you will find in the OET Reading Test.
Writing Strategies :
- Guidelines for good writing.
- Writing medical referral letter.
- Sample letters to guide appropriate language, expression, letter structure and format.
- Using correct grammar, vocabulary and punctuations.
The OET Test fee is 587AUD, i.e. 29,000-31,000 INR
No Reviews found for this course.