- Listen carefully
- Listen to Health related topics and make notes of it daily at least for 30mins
- Note down the points neatly
- Manage the time
- PREDICT some answers if you can.
- Identify the key words
- WRITE concise phrases instead of full sentences
- DO use common abbreviations such as:
• “HR” for heart rate
• “SOB” for shortness of breath
- MOVE on to the next question if you realise you have missed one, then go back and GUESS an answer if you can
- PRACTISE as much as you can!!!!!
Let’s discuss it with an example.
It is a talk about congenital heart diseases in level two hospitals.
- Before listening, we need to predict some answers as we read the text.
- For ex:
• Fraction of babies retrieved:_______________
Here we can guess that the answer would be either in % form or else fraction form.
•Unable to provide
Here, they have already given two options as incubation and ventilation, so we need to guess the 3rd option even before listening.
The answer would be a sort of supportas they have clearly specified two lifesaving supports.
Like this we need to predict at least a few answers before listen to the audio.
Now let’s see the answers.