WHAT ARE ADMISSION ESSAYS ?
Every year, there are nearly 500,000 business school applicants applying to the best business schools in the world and the number keeps increasing. Business schools require great GMAT scores, relevant work experience and excellent recommendations and credentials. Apart from these qualifications, Business Schools also focus on an applicant’s communication skills, leadership qualities, vision and initiative among many other personal qualities. Your resume and graduation school grades and academic credits do not present the practical side of you. You may be academically brilliant but may not be able to present your ideas to anyone. This sort of candidate will not stand a good chance in a Business School. Your admission therefore will largely depend on your ability to present your experiences and goals in the written form. If you check all the topics for admission essays, most of them ask you to talk about your life experiences and your vision for the future. In short they are seeking to see how different you are from others, how you have handled your problems so far and how you will stand apart in a crowd. The ability to stand out will clinch you a seat at the Business School where you will be competing with many equals.
All Essays submitted to Business Schools need to be original. There are many free samples available on the web or you may submit something copied from someone’s original work. If you copy any essay and submit these as your own essay, you will be plagiarizing. This is cheating. Every Business School has methods of finding out whether these essays are lifted or plagiarized. Even if you cannot write a good essay by yourself, never submit anything by unfair means. Your name will be blacklisted and you will lose out on your dream forever.Learn more about plagiarism at ”http://www.plagiarism.org/.”
SOME COMMON ESSAY TOPICS :
About your experiences and goals :
- How can an MBA degree can help you attain your specific career and personal goals ?
- Goals for the next five years? How will this MBA help you ?
- What has been your career progression to date ?
- What factors have influenced your decision to seek a general management education ?
- What are your career goals and how do you plan to achieve them ?
About your leisure time activities :
- What are your principal interests outside of your job or school ?
- What are your activities during your leisure time? Explain why you like these activities.
- What are the community activities you particularly enjoy? Please describe their importance in your life.
Qualities you admire in a person :
- Describe a person you admire most. Give reasons why you admire this person.
- Which person from the past or present would you like to choose as your personal professor? Why?
- What qualities do you appreciate in a manager? Choose a person from your personal life whom you would call a good manager. Why?